Who are we
Christian Hiller von Gaertringen
Partner and founder – Based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Christian is a widely-acknowledged expert and keynote speaker on business and finance in Africa, with a strong track record of financial expertise, an extensive international network, and a profound understanding of the African economy. One of his main strengths lies in the evaluation of opportunities and risks over and above all balance sheets and statistics.
- Christian has exceptional skills in journalism and financial analysis, developed on the back of more than 25 years of experience as a business and financial editor in leading French and German media.
- Editor-in-Chief of the weekly professional briefing “Africa Table,” the leading newsletter about Africa in German published by the media startup Table.Media in Berlin.
- Author of the best-selling books “The Reorganisation of the World. The rise of the Emerging Countries and the Arrogance of the West,” published in December 2022 in German by Finanz Buch Verlag and “Africa the next Asia. The Economic Upturn of a Continent,” published in 2014 in German by Hoffmann und Campe.
- Member of the French think-tank IPEMED in Paris working on the integration of Africa, the Mediterranean and Europe.
- Founder of the “Africa Panel” in Frankfurt, a high-level regular platform for business meetings between Europe and Africa.
- Master in Economics, with a major in Money-Banking-Finance, University Lumière Lyon 2, 1990.
Certificate in Value Creation in Private Equity and Venture Capital, WHU – Otto Beisheim School of Management, 2017.
- Is a French and German citizen.
Partner – Based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Peter is the author of four best-selling books on strategy, the balanced scorecard, entrepreneurship and strategy execution and is regarded as one of the leading experts in strategy execution and balanced scorecard with an MBA from the University of Massachusetts, USA.
Unlike many consultants who lack practical experience, Peter was a practicing strategy and balanced scorecard performance management director at a major global bank before turning consultant. Peter honed his strategy and balanced scorecard expertise in industry, and has lead several highly successful strategy and Balanced Scorecard implementations in both private and public sector.
Peter is one of the rare high-profile experts in Africa who have a Pan-African expertise and a well-established network. He is known for his know-how in building new businesses and realising investment projects also in demanding business environments.